- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup purchased shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1. In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
3. Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
4. Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 269,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 66,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 12,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 27,
- sodium (mg) 323,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet