Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
cup bottled Italian salad dressing
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon crushed red pepper
tablespoons olive oil
pound chicken breast tenderloins
ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
cup purchased shredded carrot
small tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
- Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 269 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 323 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet