Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Spread cooked rice in the bottom of an ungreased 3-quart baking dish.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan, cook mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the 2 tablespoons flour. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in shredded cheese until melted. If desired, stir in sherry. Spoon sauce over rice; cover and keep warm.
- Starting from the thickest side of each chicken breast half, make a horizontal slit to, but not through, the other side. Wrap each stick of cheese in a slice of ham and insert into a slit. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the 1/3 cup flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, combine eggs and water. Place panko in a third shallow dish. Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess; dip in egg, then in panko, turning to coat.
- In an extra-large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil about 4 minutes or until brown on both sides, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the second batch. Remove toothpicks. Place chicken on top of sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu)
- Per serving:
- 862 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 256 mg chol.,
- 1586 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 68 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet