- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili-garlic sauce (sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Pinch sea salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 8 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 small knob (1 inch) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- Large bean sprouts, optional
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Preheat a gas grill or build a charcoal fire.
2. To create marinade, combine first 8 ingredients. Reserve one-third of the marinade. Add the chicken to the remaining marinade, making sure all surfaces are coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally to coat all sides.
3. When ready to grill, remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chicken directly on the cooking grates. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken once halfway through the cooking time or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
4. When the chicken is done, remove from the grill and drizzle with a little of the remaining marinade. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, arrange the mint, lettuce leaves, bean sprouts, and lime wedges buffet-style on one or several platters. Thinly slice the chicken on the diagonal and add the chicken slices to the platter. Place the reserved marinade in a bowl and serve on the side as a dressing.