Asian Chicken Salad
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Arrange chicken breast halves in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush tops of chicken breasts with hoisin sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Cool slightly; cover and chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve (up to 2 days).
- Meanwhile, cook rice stick noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well. Snip cooked rice stick noodles in a few places; transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Close bag. Chill until ready to serve. Prepare and chill Asian Dressing.
- To serve, arrange spinach on 6 servings plates. Top spinach with cooked rice stick noodles. Place chilled chicken breasts on rice sticks. Drizzle with Asian Dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Divide cooked chicken, cooked rice stick noodles, spinach, and sesame seeds into self-sealing plastic bags for each member. Divide Asian Dressing into plastic storage containers. Refrigerate up to 1 day.
You can bake two batches of chicken breasts at once. If you don't have two 3-quart dishes, chicken can be baked in several different size pans. Line the pans with foil to help cleanup. Make all the dressing at once and divide into individual containers.
Assemble as above in Step 3.
- In a screw-top jar combine rice vinegar, salad oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, grated fresh ginger or ground ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cover and shake well; chill until ready to serve (up to 1 week).
Nutrition Facts(Asian Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 434 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 733 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet