Served over pasta or rice, this heavenly chicken and its golden mushroom sauce make a deliciously easy weeknight meal. Just let the slow cooker do all of the work.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 4 hrs to 5 hrs (low) Slow Cooker: 3-1/2 or 4 qt.
8 ounce package fresh button mushrooms, quartered
6 ounce package fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2pounds)
0.7 ounce package Italian dry salad dressing mix
10 3/4 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup
cup dry white wine
8 ounce tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta
Snipped fresh chives (optional)
- Combine mushrooms in a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker; top with chicken breast. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in Italian dressing mix. Stir in mushroom soup, white wine, and cream cheese until melted; pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice. Sprinkle with chives, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Angel Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 405 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 110 mg chol.,
- 1043 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet