- Place one chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap. With flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness. Repeat with the remaining breast halves.
- In shallow dish whisk together egg and buttermilk. In another shallow dish combine almonds, panko, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dip chicken breasts, one at a time, in egg mixture, turning to coat. Allow excess to drip off, then dip chicken pieces in almond mixture, turning to coat.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook chicken, half at a time if necessary, in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet cook shallot in drippings 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring frequently. Add spinach and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook and toss about 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted. Serve chicken with wilted spinach. Sprinkle pepper and, if desired, mint.
Nutrition Facts (Almond-Crusted Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 276 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 456 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Cindy Neuhaus 949 Days Ago
2 stars, mild---and we thought boring--flavor. Very little flavor from the almonds, and I don't think the buttermilk complemented the taste. Great crunch from the panko, but this is WAY under seasoned---salt & pepper well before you coat the chicken, and add more salt to the coating mix. Not hard to make.