Chicken with Marsala Risotto
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until tender and light brown, stirring occasionally. Add rice and 1 clove of the garlic. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Remove from heat. Carefully add Marsala; return to heat. Cook and stir until Marsala is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat and simmer. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir over medium heat until broth is absorbed. Add the remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until broth is absorbed. (This should take 15 to 20 minutes).
- In a small bowl combine thyme, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the salt. Rub the remaining 2 cloves garlic over chicken; sprinkle with thyme mixture. Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. If chicken browns too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
- Add cheese and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to rice mixture, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach. Spoon rice mixture onto serving plates. Top with chicken.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken with Marsala Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 772 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet