- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine vegetables, gravy, and the 1 teaspoon sage. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 5 minutes. Add chicken; cover and microwave for 4 to 6 minutes more or until stew is heated through and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine pepper and nutmeg; set aside.
- Spoon stew into four 14- to 16-ounce casseroles. Top with apple and, if desired, fresh sage. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with nutmeg mixture.
- Bake uncovered, about 10 minutes or until bubbly and apple slices begin to brown.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken-Vegetable Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 297 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 71 mg chol.,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet