- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 taquitas
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 2 mins per batch
- Bake: 15 mins 350 degrees F/200 degrees F
Chicken Tinga Taquitos
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
medium tomato, seeded and cut up
medium onion, cut up
canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
cloves garlic, quartered
tablespoons vegetable oil
Vegetable oil for frying
Nonstick cooking spray
6 inches corn tortillas
cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
Salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop chicken; set aside. In a blender or food processor combine tomato, onion, chile peppers, and garlic; cover and pulse with several on/off turns until finely chopped. In an extra-large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add tomato mixture and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes more or until liquid is nearly evaporated and chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Meanwhile, clean blender or food processor. Transfer chicken mixture to the clean blender or food processor. Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until chicken is finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat to 365 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Stack tortillas; wrap in foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 200 degrees F.
- For each taquito, spoon about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture across the lower third of each warm tortilla; add 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Roll up tortillas as tightly as possible; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Fry taquitos in hot oil, four at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Transfer fried taquitos to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 degrees F oven while frying remaining taquitos.
- If desired, serve taquitos with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Tinga Taquitos)
- Per serving:
- 242 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 39 mg chol.,
- 266 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Boneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Appetizers, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easy Appetizers, Ethnic Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes