Chicken Taco Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl toss together chicken, garlic, and chili powder. Add to hot skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add canola oil to skillet. Add onion and sweet pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of the salsa in the baking dish. Top with half of the tortilla pieces, half of the chicken mixture, and half of the vegetable mixture. Pour half of the remaining salsa over the vegetables and top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once, except do not top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with cherry tomatoes, chopped avocado, and/or corn chips.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Taco Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 196 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 43 mg chol.,
- 544 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
bzneez1gmailc 19 Days Ago
We found this meal very appetizing and easy to make. I added 4 oz. more chicken. I also topped with some crushed tortilla chips, added the top layer of cheese and then browned under the broiler for a few minutes to meld the cheese with the crispy chips and brown a little. Would definitely make it again.
Laurie Kinney 1556 Days Ago
Made this tonight and it was good! I added some cumin and I think a can of black beans would make it even better.
Anonymous 1585 Days Ago
I used Artisan blue corn and flax tortillas and Tostidos roasted garlic and black bean chips. This was very good. I might even add black beans to compliment the chicken. A quick weeknight meal.