Chicken-Spinach Crepes with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet melt the 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add spinach. Toss in skillet for 30 to 60 seconds or just until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chicken, water chestnuts, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the chicken-spinach mixture over half of each crepe. Fold each crepe in half; fold in half again, forming a triangle. Arrange filled crepes in the prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, for mushroom sauce, in a large nonstick skillet melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes more. Add broth and bouillon granules; cook and stir until boiling, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in whipping cream. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add Marsala; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve mushroom sauce over filled crepes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Crepes Three Ways
- In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, butter, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet over medium-high heat; remove from heat. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of the batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return to heat; cook for 1 minute or until browned on one side; flip with a spatula and cook 1 minute more. (Or cook on a crepe maker according to manufacturer's directions.) Slide crepe onto paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally. If crepes are browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
Prepare crepes as directed. For each crepe, spread one side with 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Arrange one-fourth of a sliced banana and, if desired, 1 tablespoon raisins along one edge. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Roll up from the filled edge
Per crepe: 194 cal., 10 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 28 mg chol., 129 mg sodium, 21 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g pro.
Prepare crepes as directed. For each crepe, spread one side of a cooled crepe with 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese. Arrange 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries along one edge. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon honey. Roll up from the filled edge.
Per crepe: 149 cal., 8 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 145 mg sodium, 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 4 g pro.
Prepare crepes as directed. For each crepe, spread one side with 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread. Arrange one-fourth of a sliced banana and, if desired, 1 tablespoon raisins along one edge. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Roll up from the filled edge.
Per crepe: 200 cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat fat), 25 mg chol., 65 mg sodium, 29 g carb., 1 fiber, 4 g pro.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken-Spinach Crepes with Mushroom Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 440 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 159 mg chol.,
- 593 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet