- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 400°
Chicken Pot Pies
17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
Nonstick cooking spray
pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
cup chopped carrots (2 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
cup half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
cups regular or reduced-sodium chicken broth
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup frozen baby or regular peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet to a 10-inch square; cut each into four 5-inch squares. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until light brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir flour into chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Gradually stir in half-and-half until combined. Add broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in frozen peas. Remove from heat. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Spoon hot chicken mixture into eight 10-ounce individual ramekins or baking dishes. Top with pastry squares. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Pot Pies)
- Per serving:
- 492 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 99 mg chol.,
- 633 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet