- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 1 chicken portion and 3 tablespoons caper mixture per serving
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
teaspoon ground black pepper
cloves garlic, minced
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
medium lemon, thinly sliced
tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add garlic to the hot skillet; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to boiling. Add lemon slices and capers. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lemon slices are softened and releasing their juice. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Picatta)
- Per serving:
- 161 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 440 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet