- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 1 chicken portion and 3 tablespoons caper mixture per serving
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
teaspoon ground black pepper
cloves garlic, minced
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
medium lemon, thinly sliced
tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/4 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add garlic to the hot skillet; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to boiling. Add lemon slices and capers. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lemon slices are softened and releasing their juice. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, spoon caper mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Picatta)
- Per serving:
- 161 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 440 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBoneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Chicken Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes