Chicken Pad Thai
ounces rice noodles (Vietnamese banh pho or Thai sen-mee)
cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
teaspoon grated lime peel
tablespoons fish sauce
tablespoons fresh lime juice
tablespoons packed brown sugar
teaspoons rice vinegar
tablespoon Asian chili sauce with garlic
tablespoons cooking oil
pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size strips
cloves garlic, minced
egg, lightly beaten
cup fresh bean sprouts
cup sliced green onions (3)
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Add enough hot tap water to cover. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or until pliable but not soft; drain well.
- Meanwhile, for peanut topping, combine peanuts and lime peel; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and chili sauce. Stir until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir about 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add egg to hot skillet; cook for 30 seconds. Turn egg with spatula; cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or just until set. Remove from skillet and chop; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high heat for 30 seconds. Add drained noodles and sprouts; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce mixture and chicken; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Divide noodle mixture among four plates. Sprinkle each serving with egg and peanut topping. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Pad Thai)
- Per serving:
- 565 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 119 mg chol.,
- 945 mg sodium,
- 63 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet