Chicken Edamame Chowder
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until light brown. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, frozen soy beans, sweet pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Pour broth over mixture in cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. In a small bowl combine sour cream and flour. Thinly slice zucchini. Stir sour cream mixture and zucchini into chicken mixture. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or until mixture is thickened and zucchini is crisp-tender.
- If desired, serve topped with cheese and cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Edamame Chowder)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 62 mg chol.,
- 806 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet