Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Dirty Rice
- Prepare Roasted Sweet Potato salad. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. For rice stuffing, in a large skillet cook ground pork, onion, sweet pepper, celery, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir in cooked rice, sausage, and salt; cool. Drizzle with broth, stirring to moisten.
- Place corn bread stuffing mix in a shallow dish. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard. Set aside.
- To stuff each chicken breast, loosen skin from meat. Spread about 1/3 cup of the rice stuffing over meat; pull skin down over stuffing. Generously spread meaty portions of chicken with mayonnaise mixture, then dip tops of chicken breasts into corn bread stuffing mix to coat. Arrange chicken, meaty sides up, in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Serve chicken with sweet potato salad.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Dirty Rice)
- Per serving:
- 635 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 141 mg chol.,
- 829 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 48 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet