Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
6 ounce package plain long grain and wild rice mix
cup bottled Italian salad dressing
pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cup frozen French-style green beans
cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile, remove 3 tablespoons of the salad dressing for basting chicken. Set aside remaining dressing.
- For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing with the 3 tablespoons dressing during the last 2 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Rinse frozen beans with cool water for 30 seconds; drain well. In a large bowl combine beans, chilled cooked rice, cabbage with carrots, and artichoke hearts. Pour the reserved dressing over rice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Slice chicken and serve with wild rice mixture. If desired, garnish with lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts(Chicken and Wild Rice Salad)
- Per serving:
- 374 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 88 mg chol.,
- 1124 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet