Chicken and Sweet Pepper Linguine Alfredo
- Break linguine in half. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Return to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no pink remains. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce; heat through.
- Add chicken-vegetable mixture, cheese (if desired), and thyme to cooked linguine; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Instead of purchasing chicken stir-fry strips, cut skinless, boneless chicken breast halves into thin strips.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Sweet Pepper Linguine Alfredo)
- Per serving:
- 364 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 485 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet