Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine chicken, celery, onions, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, Homemade Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning, garlic, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in uncooked rice and sweet pepper. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- To serve, thaw shrimp, if frozen. Stir shrimp and parsley into chicken mixture. If desired, garnish each serving with celery leaves.
Homemade Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning
- In a small bowl stir together onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 88 mg chol.,
- 415 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet