Chicken and Rice with Mole
- For mole, in a blender or food processor combine tomatoes, onion, 1/4 cup almonds, raisins, cocoa powder, jalapeno peppers, sesame seeds, garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coriander. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Remove skin from chicken. Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner (or coat cooker with nonstick cooking spray). Sprinkle tapioca in bottom of the prepared cooker. Add chicken. Pour mole over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Stir mole; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Rice with Mole)
- Per serving:
- 287 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 331 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Cindy Neuhaus 823 Days Ago
1 star, maybe it's that we don't like mole sauce (this was better than the jarred stuff) but we both thought this was awful. If you love mole & make it, add more salt, it's under seasoned.