- Makes: 6 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Chicken and Gorgonzola Cheese
pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons olive oil
ounces stemmed fresh cremini, shiitake, and/or button mushrooms, sliced
cups whipping cream
cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chicken; remove from skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are softened and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet; stir in cream. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Gorgonzola cheese, the Parmesan cheese, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until cheeses are melted.
- Add chicken mixture, the remaining 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, and parsley to hot cooked pasta; toss gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Gorgonzola Cheese)
- 800 kcal cal.;
- 48 g Fat, total;
- 200 mg chol.;
- 26 g sat. fat;
- 47 g carb.;
- 16 g Monosaturated fat;
- 3 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 2 g fiber;
- 3 g sugar;
- 45 g pro.;
- 1555 IU vit. A;
- 5 mg vit. C;
- 753 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet