- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces stemmed fresh cremini, shiitake, and/or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12 - 16 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chicken; remove from skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are softened and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
3. Return chicken to skillet; stir in cream. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Gorgonzola cheese, the Parmesan cheese, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until cheeses are melted.
4. Add chicken mixture, the remaining 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, and parsley to hot cooked pasta; toss gently to combine.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 800,
- Fat, total (g) 48,
- chol. (mg) 200,
- sat. fat (g) 26,
- carb. (g) 47,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 16,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 45,
- vit. A (IU) 1555,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 753,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet