- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 ounces goat cheese (chevre)
- 60 whole dates, pitted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 3 ounce packages sliced prosciutto
1. Let goat cheese (chevre) stand until at room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in each whole date. Spread dates open slightly.
3. In a medium bowl beat goat cheese; cream cheese, snipped fresh thyme, and ground black pepper until creamy. Spoon cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip. Pipe a small amount of cheese mixture into each date. Press date halves back together.
4. Cut sliced prosciutto into 3x1-inch strips. Wrap one strip tightly around each stuffed date. Place dates on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning after 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Serve immediately with toothpicks. Makes 60 appetizers.Nutrition Facts per appetizer: :
6. 41 cal., 1 g protein, 6 g carb., 1 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 1 g dietary fiber, 1% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 61 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 0% iron