- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup of the dried cherries and the cherry juice; bring to boiling. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain cherries, discarding juice.
- Make four or five slits (1-1/2 to 2 inches deep) in ham. Press some of the soaked cherries into each slit as it is cut. Place ham on a roasting rack in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into thickest portion of ham.* Bake about 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Place peach preserves in a small bowl; snip any large pieces of fruit. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup dried cherries and the lemon juice. Spoon 1/2 cup of the preserves mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more. In a small saucepan heat the remaining preserves mixture and pass with the ham.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Chill for up to 4 hours. Continue as directed in Steps 3 and 4.
If you don't have an oven-going meat thermometer, use an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of ham to test the temperature.
Nutrition Facts(Cherry-Stuffed Ham)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 77 mg chol.,
- 1794 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 32 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet