- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Place cookie mix in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup of the mixture for topping. Stir egg, vanilla, and almond extract into the remaining crumb mixture until combined. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together cherries and sugar; spoon evenly over mixture in pan. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Let stand until icing is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Powdered Sugar Icing
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make a drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Crumb Bars)
- Per serving:
- 240 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 202 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet