Cherry Cobbler with White Chocolate-Almond Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For biscuits, in a medium bowl stir together flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; chill flour mixture while making filling.
- For filling, in a Dutch oven combine cherries, the 2 cups sugar, and the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until cherries release their juices, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Keep filling hot.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, almond extract, and vanilla. Remove flour mixture from the refrigerator; add egg mixture, white chocolate, and almonds. Stir just until mixture is moistened.
- Transfer hot filling to a 3-quart-rectangular baking dish. Using a spoon, immediately drop biscuit dough into 12 to 16 mounds on top of filling. If desired, sprinkle biscuit mounds with pearl or sanding sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack about 1 hour. If desired, serve with Mascarpone Dream.
- Place mascarpone cheese in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; beat in sugar. Gradually beat in whipping cream and almond extract until soft peaks form (tips curl). Use immediately or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry Cobbler with White Chocolate-Almond Biscuits)
- Per serving:
- 540 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 272 mg sodium,
- 86 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 64 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet