Cherry Cobbler with White Chocolate-Almond Biscuits
teaspoons baking powder
cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
cups frozen pitted tart red cherries (3 1/2 pounds)
teaspoon almond extract
ounces white baking chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Pearl or sanding sugar (optional)
Mascarpone Dream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For biscuits, in a medium bowl stir together flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; chill flour mixture while making filling.
- For filling, in a Dutch oven combine cherries, the 2 cups sugar, and the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until cherries release their juices, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Keep filling hot.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, almond extract, and vanilla. Remove flour mixture from the refrigerator; add egg mixture, white chocolate, and almonds. Stir just until mixture is moistened.
- Transfer hot filling to a 3-quart-rectangular baking dish. Using a spoon, immediately drop biscuit dough into 12 to 16 mounds on top of filling. If desired, sprinkle biscuit mounds with pearl or sanding sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack about 1 hour. If desired, serve with Mascarpone Dream.
Nutrition Facts(Cherry Cobbler with White Chocolate-Almond Biscuits)
- Per serving:
- 540 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 272 mg sodium,
- 86 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 64 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet