- In a small saucepan combine cherries and wine. Bring just to boiling; remove from heat. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease and flour foil; set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in undrained cherries.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake about 30 minutes or until sides begin to pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Pour Red Wine Ganache over cooled brownies, spreading evenly. Let stand about 2 hours or until set. Use the foil to lift the uncut brownies out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place frosted brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Red Wine Ganache
- In a heavy small saucepan combine chocolate, butter, and red wine. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Cabernet Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 158 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 82 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet