Cherry Berry Shortcake Stars
cups fresh or frozen* tart red cherries, pitted
cups fresh or frozen*blueberries
teaspoons baking powder
cup whipping cream
cup fresh or frozen* tart red cherries, pitted and chopped
cup fresh or frozen*blueberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine 1 1/2 cup cherries, 1 1/2 cup blueberries, and sugar. Set aside.
- For shortcakes, in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup cream. honey, 1/4 cup cherries, and 1/4 cup blueberries; add to flour mixture. Using a fork, gently stir until moistened and dough comes together.
- On a floured surface, knead dough by gently folding and gently pressing it just until it just holds together. Pat dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a floured 2 1/2-inch star cutter, cut out shortcakes; re-form scraps as necessary.
- Place shortcakes 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine remaining whipping cream and vanilla; beat to soft peaks.
- Serve shortcakes with cherry berry mixture. Top with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts(Cherry Berry Shortcake Stars)
- Per serving:
- 528 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 113 mg chol.,
- 339 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet