Cheesy Pasta-Stuffed Shells
dried jumbo shell macaroni
ounces dried tiny shell macaroni (2 cups)
cups Gruyere cheese, shredded (8 ounces)
cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
cup half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon ground white pepper or ground black pepper
24 ounce jar vodka sauce or your favorite tomato pasta sauce
cup shredded brick cheese or mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer shells to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Set aside. In the same pan, cook tiny shells according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine Gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese, half-and-half, and pepper. Heat over medium-low heat until cheese melts and is smooth, stirring frequently. Stir in tiny shells.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the vodka sauce into the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the drained jumbo shells; place stuffed shells in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining vodka sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with brick cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until heated through (160 degrees F). If desired, top with fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts(Cheesy Pasta-Stuffed Shells)
- Per serving:
- 858 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (25 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 128 mg chol.,
- 1035 mg sodium,
- 79 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet