- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 10 3/4ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14 1/2ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup sliced carrots (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dried extra-wide noodles
- 1 16 ounce package extra-firm tofu (fresh bean curd), drained, if necessary, and cubed*
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker whisk together the water and cream of mushroom soup. Stir in tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
3. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in uncooked noodles; cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or until tender, stirring once halfway through cooking. Gently stir in tofu cubes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- To drain tofu, place it on a paper towel-lined plate for 15 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 316,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 44,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 42,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 17,
- sodium (mg) 447,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet