Cheesy Brie and Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart au gratin dish or rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a covered Dutch oven, cook potatoes in enough boiling, salted water to cover for 25 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Slice potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared au gratin dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Carefully add wine to bacon mixture. Simmer, uncovered, until wine is nearly evaporated. Stir in thyme.
- Spoon bacon mixture over potatoes in dish. Top with the remaining potatoes. Pour broth and cream over potato mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, score both sides of cheese rounds in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Cut rounds in half horizontally, then in half crosswise. Arrange cheese, rind sides up, on top of potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts (Cheesy Brie and Potato Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 268 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 468 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet