- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or 32 miniature peppermint candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies, 2 tablespoons sugar, and the melted butter; stir until coated. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and the vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in milk until combined. Stir in eggs.
4. Transfer 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture to a small bowl; stir in peppermint extract and enough red food coloring to make desired color. Pour the plain cream cheese mixture over partially baked crust, spreading evenly. Drizzle red cream cheese mixture over plain cream cheese mixture. Use a thin metal spatula to gently swirl the mixtures.
5. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Cut into bars. Sprinkle bars with crushed candies or place a miniature peppermint candy on each bar before serving. Makes 32 bars.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Servings Per Recipe 32,
- cal. (kcal) 147,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 54,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 15,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 107,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet