- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 35)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce tub cream cheese with pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, toasted macadamia nuts
- Toasted coconut
- Sliced carambola (star fruit) (optional)
1. For crust, in a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers, 1/2 cup coconut, the 1/2 cup nuts, and melted butter or margarine. Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheeses with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Add sugar, beating on medium to high speed until well combined. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Add whole eggs and egg yolk all at once. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the 1/3 cups nuts.
3. Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place the pan on a shallow baking pan on the oven rack. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when shaken.
4. Remove springform pan from baking pan. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Use a small metal spatula to loosen crust from side of pan. Cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan. Cool 1 hour; cover and chill at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. If desired, top with several carambola slices. Makes 12 servings.
- Up to 1 day ahead, make and bake cheesecake. Cool as directed, cover, and chill. To serve, top with coconut and carambola slices if desired.