Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a bowl combine crushed graham crackers, walnuts, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and, if desired, the cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Dot with melted chocolate and use a thin metal spatula to marble. Place pan in a shallow baking pan (see optional Water Bath Method, below). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, serve with Raspberry Sauce or fresh rasberries. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare crust as directed. Place the crust-lined springform pan on a double layer of 18x12-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring edges of foil up and mold around sides of pan to form a watertight seal. Prepare filling as directed and pour into prepared pan. Place in a roasting pan and pour enough hot water around pan to reach halfway up the sides. Bake as directed. When done, edges of cake will be set but center will jiggle a bit when pan is gently shaken. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to sit in oven for 1 hour (cheesecake will continue to set up during standing time in oven). Remove from water bath and cool and chill as directed in step 4.
- Place 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries or thawed frozen raspberries in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until berries are smooth. Press berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. Repeat with another 1-1/2 cups raspberries. (You should have 1 cup of sieved berries.) In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add sieved berries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Makes about 1 cup sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 426 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 138 mg chol.,
- 303 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet