Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, melted butter, and cinnamon; toss gently to mix. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and melted chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs just until combined. Stir in liqueur, whipping cream or milk, and vanilla.
- Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using a 10-inch springform pan, use 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 21 cookies) and 7 tablespoons butter, melted, for the crust.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 405 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 252 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
. . 1346 Days Ago
This is a delicious and decadent cheese cake. There are only two people in our household so I only bake this cake if there are others to share it with because it is addictive. Otherwise we'll end up eating much more than we should.
Jim R. 1542 Days Ago
I think it is great. My wife is Irish, so guess what will be having on St. Pat's Day