Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake
cups finely crushed chocolate wafers (about 18 cookies)*
tablespoons butter, melted*
teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
8 ounce package semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
cup Irish cream liqueur
tablespoons whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, melted butter, and cinnamon; toss gently to mix. Press mixture onto the bottom and up the side of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and melted chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs just until combined. Stir in liqueur, whipping cream or milk, and vanilla.
- Pour filling into the crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using a 10-inch springform pan, use 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 21 cookies) and 7 tablespoons butter, melted, for the crust.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate-Irish Cream Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 405 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 109 mg chol.,
- 252 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet