- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 40 mins to 45 mins 350°F
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
pounds lean ground beef
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
6 ounce can tomato paste
10 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
cup light sour cream
cups frozen french-fried shoestring potatoes
teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
Assorted toppers (ketchup, pickle slices, yellow mustard, and/or chopped fresh tomato) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat. Stir undrained tomatoes and tomato paste into beef mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. In a medium bowl stir together soup and sour cream; spread over meat mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes over top of soup mixture. If desired, sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are golden. If desired, serve with assorted toppers.
Nutrition Facts (Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 493 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 87 mg chol.,
- 1319 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet