Peppered Herb Cheese Ball
This goat cheese ball is an easy fix for last-minute entertaining. Roll the cheese in snipped herbs and cracked pepper for a treat with zing.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs to overnight
- In a shallow dish combine 1 tablespoon of the chives, 1 tablespoon of the basil, and the parsley; set aside. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and goat cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons chives, remaining 2 tablespoons basil, the pepper, and garlic. Form into a ball.
- Roll ball in herb mixture. Wrap and chill cheese ball for 4 to 24 hours. Makes twelve 2-tablespoon servings.
Prepare as above, except omit basil and parsley. Beat 2 ounces chopped dried beef, 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds into cheese mixture. Serve with crisp rye crackers or party rye bread.
Prepare as above, except substitute fontina cheese for the goat cheese and beat 2 ounces hard salami and 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red sweet pepper into the cheese mixture. Serve with water crackers or baguette slices.
Per serving: 121 cal., 5 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 36 mg chol., 220 mg sodium, 1 g carbo., 0 g dietary fiber, 5 g protein. Daily Values: 9% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 7% calcium, 2% iron. Exchanges: 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 11/2 Fat
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 91 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet