- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved (optional)
- 2 cups beer
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Nonstick cooking spray or disposable slow cooker liner
- Desired dippers (such as French or Italian bread pieces, soft pretzels, breadsticks, red sweet pepper pieces, broccoli florets, and/or carrot sticks)
1. In a large bowl combine cheddar cheese and American cheese. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; toss gently to coat.
2. If desired, rub the bottom and side of a large saucepan with garlic halves; discard garlic. In the saucepan combine beer and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually stir in cheese mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted.
3. Coat a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker with a car adapter with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared cooker.
4. Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. If using vegetable dippers, tote them in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
5. At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep fondue warm on warm-heat setting. (Fondue will keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting for up to 4 hours.) Stir fondue before serving. Serve with desired dippers.
- Prepare as directed through Step 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook 8 ounces bulk Italian or pork sausage over medium-high heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir sausage into melted cheese mixture. Tote and serve as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 18,
- cal. (kcal) 140,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 32,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 2,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 8,
- vit. A (IU) 292,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 8,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 350,
- Potassium (mg) 48,
- calcium (mg) 212,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet