Upload your photo here.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine egg, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut each sheet into six 3 1/2-inch rounds.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in center of each round. Bring up two opposite edges of dough over filling and pinch to seal. Place pastries, sealed sides up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed; cool completely. Place pastries in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen pastries on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Cheese Pastizzi)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet