Cheese and Vegetable Rice Casserole
16 ounce package frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, thawed
cups cooked rice
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
12 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
4 ounce cans diced green chile peppers, drained
cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
cups chicken broth
cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together thawed vegetables, cooked rice, beans, roasted peppers, corn, and chile peppers. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and the broth. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Cheese and Vegetable Rice Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 471 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 50 mg chol.,
- 1423 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet