Cheese and Chive Popovers
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Place 1 large or 2 small popover pans in the preheated oven (you'll need 8 to 9 cups total).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat the milk over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until warm to the touch. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, herbs, salt, and a generous grinding of pepper. Add the warm milk while whisking to keep the milk from cooking the eggs. Sift the flour into the milk mixture and whisk well.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven and coat with nonstick cooking spray, making sure the entire cups are well coated (popovers love to stick if you're not fastidious). Fill each of the cups three-fourths full and sprinkle about 2 heaping tablespoon of cheese on top of each
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the popovers have risen and are golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Cheese and Chive Popovers)
- Per serving:
- 276 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 122 mg chol.,
- 170 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Melissa Lord 691 Days Ago
I am baking these right now and they smell amazing!