Catelli's Mini Summer Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl combine egg, beef, sausage, ricotta cheese, panko, onion, the 1/2 cup Parmesan, the garlic, thyme, parsley, and salt with hands. Form mixture into forty 1-1/2-inch meatballs.
- Heat an extra-large cast-iron skillet with olive oil. Brown meatballs, half at a time, in hot skillet about 10 minutes per batch. Return all meatballs to skillet. Bake for 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).
- Spoon sauce into two small cast-iron skillets or serving dishes (cast-iron skillets can be heated or kept warm on a grill). Place baked meatballs in sauce, turning to coat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and the 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Serve meatballs with bamboo skewers.
Domenica's Simple Tomato-Garlic Sauce
- In a large saucepan cook garlic and crushed red pepper in hot oil over medium heat for 1 minute. (Do not let garlic brown, which causes it to develop a bitter taste.) Stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring sauce to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Catelli's Mini Summer Meatballs)
- Per serving:
- 217 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 53 mg chol.,
- 468 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet