Southwestern Breakfast Bake
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
cup canned enchilada sauce
4 1/2 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
cup thinly sliced green onions
Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
Dairy sour cream (optional)
Bottled salsa (optional)
- Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. In the prepared baking dish combine black beans, enchilada sauce, green chile peppers, green onions, hot pepper sauce (if desired), and garlic. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl); set aside.
- In a large bowl combine egg yolks, flour, and salt. Using a wire whisk, beat mixture until combined (mixture will be stiff). Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Fold the beaten egg whites and cilantro into egg yolk mixture. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the bean mixture in baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until egg mixture appears set when gently shaken. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with sour cream, salsa, and additional snipped fresh cilantro. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Southwestern Breakfast Bake)
- Per serving:
- 163 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 96 mg chol.,
- 488 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet