Individual Ham and Cheese Quiches
These easy appetizers start with purchased pie crusts. Make them mini treats for a special occasion buffet or create one large quiche in a tart pan.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Yields: 8 individual servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 9 mins 400°F
- Bake: 20 mins 325°F
- Let piecrusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each piecrust into four equal sections (eight sections total). Press sections of piecrust onto the bottom and up the sides of eight, 4-inch fluted individual tart pans* with removable bottoms. Trim excess dough from top of pans.
- Line each pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Place pans on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 2 to 3 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine shredded Italian cheese blend, red sweet pepper, ham, green onion, flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among pastry shells.
- In the same bowl beat together eggs and half-and-half. Pour egg mixture over filling mixture in each pastry shell. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, top with a fresh herb sprig. Makes 8 individual servings.
Line a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom with one piecrust (reserve remaining piecrust for another use). Line with double thickness of foil. Bake in 400 degrees F oven for 7 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8 to 9 minutes longer or until pastry is set, dry and lightly browned. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly in shell. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 102 mg chol.,
- 391 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet