- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: overnight
- Bake: 50 mins to 55 mins 325°F
Ham-Asparagus and Cheese Strata
ounces asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
cups French bread cubes
cups shredded Gruyere or white cheddar cheese, (8 oz.)
cup chopped onion
cup chopped chives or green onions
ounces cooked ham, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add asparagus; cook 5 minutes or until bright green.
- In a greased 3-quart baking dish spread half the bread cubes. Top with cheese, onion, chives and half the ham and asparagus. Top with remaining bread.
- In a bowl whisk together four of the eggs and the milk. Evenly pour over layers in dish. Press down bread pieces into the egg milk mixture with the back of a spoon. Top with remaining ham and asparagus. Cover; refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degrees F oven 30 minutes. With the back of a wooden spoon, press 6 indentations in top of strata. Pour a whole egg into each indentation. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of strata registers 170 degrees F and eggs are set. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve. If desired, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Ham-Asparagus and Cheese Strata)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 421 mg chol.,
- 936 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Casseroles, Breakfast and Brunch Egg Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Casseroles, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Egg Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pork Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes