- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 25 mins to 30 mins 350°F
- Stand: 10 mins
Greek-Style Mac 'n' Cheese
cups packaged dried elbow macaroni (8 ounces)
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
tablespoons butter or margarine
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
cups shredded American cheese (6 ounces)
cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Snipped fresh oregano
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion in hot butter until tender. Stir in flour and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Add cheeses, stirring until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni and olives. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with feta cheese and oregano. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Greek-Style Mac 'n' Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 717 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (24 g sat. fat,
- 116 mg chol.,
- 1149 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet