Egg Cakes with Sweet-and-Sour Plum Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Press about 1 tablespoon cooked rice into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup; set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add ham and green onions; cook until green onions are tender. Spoon ham mixture evenly over rice in muffin cups. In a medium bowl, combine eggs and salt; beat with a wire whisk or rotary beater. Divide the egg mixture among muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until egg mixture is slightly puffed and golden. Let stand for 2 minutes. Run a knife around edges of muffin cups to loosen; remove from cups. If desired, arrange on a lettuce-lined platter. Serve with Sweet-and-Sour Plum Sauce. Makes 6 servings.
Sweet-and-Sour Plum Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine jam or preserves, broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Egg Cakes with Sweet-and-Sour Plum Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 202 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 293 mg chol.,
- 637 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet