Egg and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
pound bacon, coarsely chopped, or bulk pork sausage
1 inch slices French bread
cup shredded co-jack or American cheese (4 ounces)
cup chopped green onions (4)
eggs, lightly beaten
cups whipping cream, half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard drippings. (If using sausage, cook over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off fat.)
- Meanwhile, grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside. Spread one side of bread slices with butter. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the bacon. Top with the remaining bread cubes and the remaining bacon; sprinkle with cheese and green onions (dish will be full).
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, whipping cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually pour egg mixture over layers in dish. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set (170 degrees F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Egg and Bacon Breakfast Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 763 kcal cal.,
- 55 g fat
- (29 g sat. fat,
- 356 mg chol.,
- 1312 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet