Serve this thyme-flavored, ham, potato, and egg breakfast casserole for brunch or dinner with fresh fruit and juice.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 35 mins 350°F
pound tiny new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
cup thinly sliced leek
Nonstick cooking spray
cup chopped lower-fat and lower-sodium cooked ham
ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut into small pieces
cups fat-free milk
tablespoon all-purpose flour
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
teaspoon black pepper
- In a covered large saucepan cook sliced potatoes in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 10 minutes or just until tender, adding the leek the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain potato mixture.
- Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Place potato mixture in bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the ham and Swiss cheese.
- In a medium bowl stir the milk into the flour until smooth. Stir in the egg product, thyme, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Breakfast Casserole)
- 180 kcal cal.;
- 4 g Fat, total;
- 16 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 23 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 13 g pro.;
- 103 RE vit. A;
- 445 mg sodium;
- 1 Lean Meat;
- 3 mg iron;
- 15 mg vit. C;
- 141 mg calcium;
- 2 Starch
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet