Serve this thyme-flavored, ham, potato, and egg breakfast casserole for brunch or dinner with fresh fruit and juice.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 35 mins 350°F
pound tiny new potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
cup thinly sliced leek
Nonstick cooking spray
cup chopped lower-fat and lower-sodium cooked ham
ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut into small pieces
cups fat-free milk
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
teaspoon black pepper
- In a covered large saucepan cook sliced potatoes in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 10 minutes or just until tender, adding the leek the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain potato mixture.
- Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Place potato mixture in bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the ham and Swiss cheese.
- In a medium bowl stir the milk into the flour until smooth. Stir in the egg product, thyme, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Breakfast Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 180 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 16 mg chol.,
- 445 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Casseroles, Breakfast and Brunch Egg Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Meats, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Casseroles, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Egg Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Potato Casseroles, Potato Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes