Bread Pudding Quiche with Berries and Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in single layer on large ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until dry. Set aside 1 cup of the cubes.
- For crust, place remaining bread cubes in food processor. Cover and process until reduced to fine crumbs. With food processor running, pour in melted butter until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- Increase oven to 375 degrees F. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of ungreased 9-inch springform pan or onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch quiche dish. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned; cool. Reduce oven to 325 degrees F.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk. In small bowl toss together cheese, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add to egg mixture. Fold in reserved bread cubes, ham, and green onions. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, after 30 minutes tent with foil to prevent overbrowning. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan, loosening sides with a knife if necessary.
- To serve, top with assorted mixed berries and bacon pieces. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Bread Pudding Quiche with Berries and Bacon)
- Per serving:
- 366 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 191 mg chol.,
- 725 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet