- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, ginger, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in carrots and raisins. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency
Nutrition Facts (Carrot-Raisin Bars)
- Per serving:
- 184 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 21 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet